Three very very important points:
1. This course does not qualify the recipient to perform any form of therapy or counselling for any other person. Qualifying to be an Art Therapist takes 4 years study, a degree and plenty of practice.
2. This course will not teach you HOW to paint; HOW to make models; HOW to conquer pottery etc. This is an Art THERAPY course and it is the process that is important
3. If you buy and enrol on this course you will never need to pay for any of my courses again. (See Bonus Video)
A new manuals has been added listing – by lecture – all the links in the course
***** ***** TEN NEW LECTURES WERE ADDED IN DECEMBER 2021 ***** ***** *****
Important notice: This course is run as a huge class. There are 4000 posts in the Q/A as people post their work, discuss theories, case studies, Art Therapy Exercises and then share the artwork done. If you do not like discussion and participation then this is not for you but if you like this unique approach – 60 posts a day! – and want to be part of a large ‘family’ then enrol.
NO ADD ON COST FOR THE OXFORD DIPLOMA. (Bronze, Silver and Gold)
Note: Course image submitted by a student on the course.
Much of the information, case studies and examples in this course are nowhere else on the internet. So a lot of this work (but not all) is ORIGINAL. Where appropriate, published studies are references and websites linked to.
Another real strength of this course is the degree of participation in the Q/A section as people show how they really enjoy studying on this course, posting examples etc. Questions are quickly commented on and the overall ethos is to share and learn…and enjoy…
TWENTY-NINE IMPORTANT SECTIONS!
1. Please watch me first. This introduces you to how the course is run and the importance of posting in threads. (There are 1400+ discussions!)
2. Maximising your enjoyment of the course
3. The Oxford Diploma. The Diploma awarded (if you meet the extensive criteria) by the Oxford School of Learning. (It’s at no extra cost!)
4. (Optional) 7 day English course
5. Art Therapy
6. Art Therapy on Set – Art Therapy exercises on a film set.
7. Distress Tolerance (DBT)
8. The Joy of 22 (Art Therapy Exercises)
9. Art Therapy and the Solar System
10. Art Therapy and Stress
11. A man, a van and art therapy
12. 31-day Art Therapy Challenge!
13. Art Therapy and Telehealth
14. (Optional) September Blues
15. Art Therapy for the Homeworker
16. COVID and Art Therapy
18. ‘Positive’ reviews
19. Silver Lining
21. Student successes!
25. Learning and Mind Maps
26. (Optional) Improving your English
27. (Optional) 12 Days of Christmas
28. By students; for students. (Student Artwork)
29. The M.I.R.A.N.D.A. Effect
30. Bonus video.
FOURTEEN Workbooks as follows:
•125 page Workbook which includes analysis of paintings submitted by students on this course.
•Christmas Art Therapy
•Art therapy and Depression
•Making or just doing
•Art Therapy, Anxiety and Depression
•Art Therapy and Mindfulness
•Coping with the 2020s
•Make the 2020 one of joy
•30 day challenge
•Art and Anxiety
“This is a phenomenal instructor and the course is exceptional. The instructor has a very soothing voice which creates a very comfortable learning environment. The way the material is presented in this class is very refreshing, authentic and inspiring. Everything is clearly laid out. This has been one of my favorite classes I’ve taken on Udemy so far. I highly recommend this class to anybody who would like to learn more about mindful art therapy.”
– Marie Pi
This is a course unique on Udemy.
Not because of content – many courses have’therapy’ as part of the curriculum. What makes this course unique is the use of films and plays – in which the Instructor acts/writes/directs – that have been shown at festivals and/or performed in London UK, Poland, Czech Republic and at fringe festivals in the UK
By the use of theatre/film we explore the use of painting and art as a whole, in dealing with depression. BUT we also look at MANY examples of Art Therapy exercises. (500+)
The content is part anecdotal – using the Instructor’s experience as a theatre director and actor in films – and part based on research. Published studies are referred to, in support of the points made.
So this is a course for those who are academically interested but also those who wish to try and experience how art therapy may be used to overcome depression.
A special section on Art Therapy Resources and also Becoming an Art Therapist
THIS COURSE INCLUDES ORIGINAL ARTWORK SUBMITTED BY STUDENTS THAT APPEARS NOWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET