Three years ago, I had a realization that the act of sketching was directly responsible for the improvement in my pattern and illustration skills. So I switched from doodling on occasion for fun to utilizing it regularly as a tool to hone my design style, and that’s when I really started to notice a huge improvement in my work.
The class was designed specifically with surface designers and illustrators in mind. It gives you an overview of sketching as a creative practice and how to utilize it to progress your skills, develop your style, and build your creative confidence. During class we’ll discuss:
- my favorite sketching art supplies
- ways to tackle the 3 most common sketching issues
- beginner tips for drawing flowers, animals, faces, and lettering
- two methods to help you find your signature style
- plus best practices for sketching with the final art in mind
If you’re just starting out in your career as a surface designer and illustrator, this class is for you. Or if you’ve been designing for a few years, but still lack confidence in your sketching abilities, my hope is that this class will give you a fresh perspective and motivation to grow as an artist!