“The most accurate measure of courage is Vulnerability.” (Brene Brown)
How to Live the Power of Vulnerability is choosing safe connection rather than safe distance in our relationships, leadership, communities, families and faith communities.
With people admitting “We love the idea of navigating how to live/thrive/do community in this new world, but to be honest we’ve become very comfortable in our isolation. It’s a challenge to get back into community and give of ourselves.” Loneliness is now at epidemic levels in the Western world.
Courage to connect is one of our greatest social needs.
For connection to happen, we must be vulnerable. This doesn’t mean we have to wear our heart on our sleeve. Vulnerability without boundaries is fear and anxiety. So what then is vulnerability and how do we do connection?
WHAT IS THIS?
How to Live the Power of Vulnerability is an e-Course that will forever change how you see connection.
This is a safe, sacred place where your learning is yours. Your answers are yours and they are not monitored or recorded in anyway.
This is a fun, enjoyable and practical course. The central purpose of this course is to aid you in developing self awareness, empowerment and success in living, loving and leading through connection, authenticity and courage. In essence, choosing to live from the inside out, not from the external.
WHO’S THIS FOR?
~ If you are desiring greater quality of life, meaning in life and better connection with God and others.
~ Leadership – essential Professional Development for anyone in Business, HealthCare, Education, Life Coaching or Faith Communities.
~ Parents – having used this material in our family, it’s transformed how we do life and fun together
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
1. How to connect and stay connected to your life purpose and to the people that matter to you.
2. What vulnerability is and what it is not, and why it is critical to living courageously, creatively and powerfully in every aspect of our lives personally and professionally.
3. The transforming power of connection as a core value for family life, business life, classrooms and faith communities
4. The importance God puts on connection and how it is at the heart of everything He does and invites us into
5. Skills in vulnerability and growth in your gifts and calling
6. How to live more free so you respond from your values rather than reactions you may regret later or the values others put on you
WHAT YOU WILL GET?
The objective of this course is to equip you with:
1. A greater self awareness of how and when you are in or doing vulnerability
2. Successfully increasing your confidence and skill in offering and receiving vulnerability
3. More confident in your decisions, faith, leadership, parenting and workplace relationships.
4. By the end of this course, you will have a clear understanding of vulnerability and courage, what is required and how to maintain movement and courage in your life
5. Engaging short videos interspersed with self evaluation tasks supported by downloadable practical exercises and other resources to help you revise and consolidate the learning. This course is based on a set of learnable skills. It is Biblically based and backed up by a huge body of research.
6. Developing skills in vulnerability with the goal of connection that can be applied to your personal and professional life.
How to Live the Power of Vulnerability is the first foundation stone of building courage as a life style and is part of the Living Courage Series. This training series is designed to build onto each other creating a deeper more comprehensive understanding and development of the skills and lifestyle of courage.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT and WHERE DOES THIS FIT WITH FAITH?
The Bible is an account of a God who has stopped at nothing to get connection back with us. The centre piece of this story is vulnerability. The choice Jesus made to become human, was a choice for vulnerability. Jesus valued vulnerability and did vulnerability. His humanity was intrinsically tied to it. He knew full well the risk, uncertainty and emotional exposure of showing up as He was, the Son of God!
I don’t believe we are going to move forward in any area of our life without having a strong value and committment to vulnerability. It is our way home to authenticity. Vulnerability and connection is at the heart of the Gospel of Jesus. Not only does our faith hinge on vulnerability, but we are not going to build strong healthy counter culture faith communities without it.
This course features easily learned elements supported by practical exercises, all clearly explained by Helen Goatley, Instructor and Consultant.
Helen brings a background in Education to her work which is based on over 20 years experience of helping and inspiring people in many different settings and cultures internationally.
Living Courage is sourced from Anthropological and Sociological research. This is a training course and NOT a Counselling course. It can be helpful for anyone in Life Coaching and the Health Care Sector.
If during this course you come into a deeper awareness of your life journey. We encourage you to courageously seek out the professional help you need to succeed further and bravely own your story and destiny. People who do this are heroes and champions.
What’s OK and What is not OK?
It is OK to do this course and use all worksheets with others in your Leadership or Staffing teams, friendship groups or Church groups. We ask that each group member pay for the course themselves. We live by a core value of honor and this is a way to honor the work of the Author and yourself as a learner. We value what we sacrifice for. For me, this is a means of income and a way of supporting the work so I can continue in it. Share, learn, grow and change the world you live in!
It is NOT OK to use any part of this course or it’s materials for commercial use. You can not sell it, sell training based on it or create a website redistributing this course or any material from it.
If you are interested in going after more, consider doing another course in this Living Courage Series or our Experiencing the Presence of God Series. Professional Consultations are also available by contacting Helen