Welcome to the course!
In this course, you will learn the theory and practice of how to walk onto a set and confidently know what to do first, second, third, fourth, and fifth. It’s a way of thinking which is the framework for small indie films and large-scale productions alike.
You won’t learn these things in film school, but I am sharing them here.
In it, we are going to cover the basics of light and color, as well as how to use the equipment and what equipment to buy on any budget.
Learn about topics like.
– Color Temperatures,
– How to correctly expose.
– Finding and Preparing locations.
– Which gear to buy.
– How to use color in your sets to make a mood.
Then we get into the fun stuff ( out of the theory and into the practice). We will look at some of your favorite films and break down how they were shot and take you through a step-by-step approach to lighting and shooting the space you are in.
We cover big areas like.
– Where to key from.
– Shooting locations and directions.
– How to use contrast ratios like a pro to get the look you are going for.
– Room tone – a little-known trick to take your film out of amateur hour into the pro league.
– How to make a frame interesting. Using light, fog, sets, layers all working together to build a look that has people saying wow.