This course will introduce you to the basics of Indian Hindustani Classical Music – one of the oldest and most recognized forms of music.
The videos are short and crisp so that each video can be repeated multiple times easily, thereby helping you master each topic before proceeding to the next lesson.
• You will learn to train your ears and voice for an effective musical performance.
• You will also learn about different practice techniques.
• You will be introduced to the concept of Raag and will have access to one of the most common Raags in Hindustani classical music.
Some of the key topics covered in the course are:
• Ear Training – Introduction to Saptak, Mandra and Taar – What they mean and how they help in framing tunes.
• Explanation of these saptaks by singing them, so that you can sing along and learn faster.
• Riyaaz techniques with examples to be practiced everyday.
• Sargam and aakars that can be sung along as well as replayed so that you are pitch perfect!
• Understand the entire concept of Raag Bhupali with an introduction to Aarohan and Avarohan along with 2 detailed video examples, so that you can easily grasp this beautiful raag within a very short time. This lesson can also be considered as a foundation to learning various other Raags.