This course will qualify students in ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 and in particular in “ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcTool Box.” The training material will be focused on vector and raster data models, how to handle them and store them in a geodatabase, their relationship within a geodatabase and on how to develop final cartographic products and maps.
Students will be trained in the creation and editing of vector and raster data, in the usage of basic greoprocessing tools available in ArcGIS 10.8, in the management of a geodatabase, also providing valuable information in the development of high-quality mapping products.
By taking this course, you will learn:
· How to use ArcGIS Desktop (Arcmap and ArcCatalog)
· Creating ArcGIS datas (shape files,geodatabase…)
· Projection Systems and GIS informations.
· How to create maps by using spatial datas.
· How to make SQL ınquires
· How to make georeferencing
· How to digitize raster datas.
· How to create feature classes for geoDatabase system.
· How to create your geographic information system in arccatalog.
· How to make Basic and Advanced Editing your spatial datas.
· How to create thematic maps/choropleth/dot maps.
· Representing map for printing
· Extra quiz questions
· Rich contents and Bonus Practices
This course aims:
· Highlight the importance and utility of a Geographic Information System (GIS), its integration and applicability in a variety of professional sectors
· General overview about the essential GIS concepts and about al the basic skills needed in handling ArcGIS 10.8
· Learn about GIS key tools usage of vector and raster data informations.
· Gain experience in data preparation, layout development, map creation and delivery.