Pre-requisite: Some knowledge at least of the most basic CSS selectors and how they apply styles to html elements
- A brief of overview of the topics will cover and a quick teaser example of SASS
- Quick CSS review: A quick review of the basic CSS selectors that will be used during the class
- What is SASS? I will explain what SASS is and how it differs from CSS. Also explain the difference between the two syntaxes supported by SASS (SASS and SCSS). I’ll also introduce
- Variables: I will introduce the concept of variables in SASS and how they are used to minimize duplication of code.
- Styles class structure: I will explain class structure strategies that will enable the students to write code that is more easily maintainable.
- codepen.io: I will introduce a free online tool that allows to create a project with an html page and .scss files to enable students to visually see how their code results in different styles being applied to the page.
- Small Project: I will provide an introduction to the project that the students will complete on codepen.io and where they will write all the SASS necessary to style a simple web page.