Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit’s profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization’s growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information
2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials
3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms
4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios
5. Explain the importance of budgeting process
6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability