The course is presented in four parts.
First, the course relates earlier course of Top 5 Excel Skills to drive the concept home: Building your own “Bot” is your ticket to full automation in Excel Modeling!
Next, the course brings the topic of what is a VBA macro and let students consider when to and when NOT to build a macro.
Third, we illustrate 6 required steps to build your own report generating “Bot”, including:
o Define the file path to make file path dynamic
o Create a message box to communicate with users
o Use For … Next … Loop for iteration
Fourth, the course illustrates 4 real cases that should NOT require building a VBA macro. These are cases from some VBA courses that are still teaching obsolete Excel skills.
Last, the course explores best practices in building VBA macros. They include:
o How to activate the macro
o Add notes for your codes
o Add a message box
Course Search Keywords
– Developer tab
– Message box
– For Next Loop
Prerequisites and Advanced Preparation
● Basic Excel knowledge
● Example: be able to open one Excel file and connect to external data files, etc.
● Understand VBA macro as 4th Gen of Excel modeling techniques
● Identify 3 elements of a VBA macro
● Recognize when to build a VBA macro and when not to
● Discover 5 elements of a VBA environment
● Explore 5 steps required to build a reporting generating “Bot”
● Understand 4 best practices of building a VBA macro