Eskrima Master is the leading online learning site for learning the Filipino Martial Art (FMA) of Eskrima (also known as Arnis or Kali). We have developed a special Taster Course on the Udemy platform so you can see a good overview of the system. Our style is based on the Doce Pares Multi Style System (Doce Pares International) from Cebu, Philippines.
This course will cover the basics of most of the items below.
There are seven (7) main components of the multi style system:
• Single Stick (Solo Olisi)
• Double Stick (Doble Olisi)
• Long Stick (Bangkaw)
• Long & Short Weapon (Espada y Daga)
• Knife Defense (Baraw)
• Long Blade/Sword (Sundang)
• Empty Hand (Mano-Mano)
Three (3) ranges are used:
• Close Range (Corto)
• Medium Range (Media Largo)
• Long Range (Larga Mano)
The three (3) styles of Corto (Close Range)
The four (4) components of Mano-Mano:
• Punches & Kicks (Sumbag-Patid)
• Locks & Immobilisation (Lubag-Torsi)
• Throws & Takedowns (Lambos-Labay)
• Takedowns & Grappling (Layog-Dumog)
• Eskrido (Locks and Throws)
• Double Stick (Sinawali)
• Sticky Hands (Tapi-Tapi)
• Forms (Sayaw/Caranza)
You will find a variety of different techniques on this course which are taken from different levels of our 12-level belting system. This is just a tiny fraction of the system; the tip of the iceberg.
To learn more about our courses, visit the Eskrima Master website.
IMPORTANT: You must be at last 18 years of age to sign-up for this course.