Welcome to Creating Your Own Talk Show taught by Taylor Brown.
Six months ago, I started my own talk show called Talks with Tay. I figured out how to create an informative, educational and fun talk show. My show features professional athletes, coaches, trainers and more. Talks with Tay educates, inspires and informs the public about athletes story, journey, trials and tribulations in the sports industry and in life. I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with Brandon Coleman, former NFL player for the New Orleans Saints and Quinn Cook, NBA Guard for the Los Angeles Lakers.
I chose to focus on sports because I’ve been playing basketball since I was six years old and I am very passionate about sports in general. I am a professional basketball player and I am a professional videographer, photographer and video editor. I put both sports and media production together.
In this course, you’ll learn exactly 9 basic key steps to creating your own talk show.
We will cove the following 9 steps:
2. Pick a topic: Basic topics to brainstorm or think about when choosing your talk show topic.
3. Know your budget: Understanding what tools, resources, equipment and materials you need in order to produce your own talk show.
4. Find a videographer: Ways you can find your own videographer and informative information about investing in your own video equipment.
5. Direct message prospective guest: How to contact prospective guest or people you would like interview or bring on your show.
6. Pre-show preparation: Learn the necessary steps and tools that are needed to be done before every show.
7. Post-production: Understanding the amount of post-production work, commitment and marketing that is required in order to create great content.
8. Post on social media: Learn how use social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Email and Mail chimp to push your talk show out to the public and community.
9. Ask for sponsorships: Learn different ways to reach out to small businesses, local companies and to ask for sponsorship opportunities or in kind donations to support your talk show.