Do you want to be able to find the constellations and planets in the night sky? This presentation comes with the tricks you need to know. Discover the constellations and planets and become familiar with the night sky’s story.
This Course Includes a Great Bonus Lesson: What on Earth is Astronomy?
Constellations and Planets: The Story of the Night Sky
2. Warm-up activity
3. Our ancestors and the night sky stories
4. Strategies for always knowing where the planets are in the sky
5. The Dipper and Orion
6. The constellations and why they change seasonally
7. The celestial sphere
10. Star movements
11. Longitude and latitude
12. Light pollution
13. Plane of the ecliptic
14. Comparing star patterns and constellations
15. Pointer stars
16. The pole star (North Star)
17. Finding the Andromeda Galaxy using pointer stars
18. The Pleiades
19. Memorizing the constellations by using stories
20. The Milky Way Galaxy in the sky
21. Finding the planets: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in the sky
22. Retrograde motion
23. Test questions
24. Cross-curricular activities
My name is Tony Ceraso and I will be your instructor. I sometimes run the planetarium and have written curriculum for the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC. I have also written curriculum for NASA’s school visitation program and teach on the college level in NJ.
My goal is for you to thoroughly enjoy this lesson. I love astronomy and I want nothing more out of our time together than for you to have a greater appreciation for the universe through the understanding of this material. Besides the lesson I’m going to preview for you now, the course includes warm up activities, test questions, and cross-curricular activities for you to download as a supplement.