The course is presented in four parts.
First, the course illustrates where does pivot table stand in the Excel Techniques, and brings up the topic of when to and when NOT to use a pivot table.
Second, the course illustrates how to build a self-service dashboard using:
o pivot tables
o pivot charts
Third, the course provides 5 extreme hacks for pivot tables including:
o How to collapse 12 months data into 1 field?
o How to break free of Pivot Tables?
o How to use Power Pivot without opening Power Pivot?
o How to connect tables without using VLOOKUP()?
Last, the course explores best practices in building a dashboard. They include:
o Do follow data table naming convention
o Do fix changing column width
o Do keep column/bar charts sorted
o Do add a heat map for pivot tables
Course Search Keywords
– Artificial Intelligence
– Pivot chart
– Power Pivot
– Power Query
– Data model
– Outline form
– Calculated fields
– Calculated item
– Auto Refresh
Prerequisites and Advanced Preparation
● Basic Excel knowledge
● Basic Pivot Table knowledge
● Example: be able to build a simple Pivot Table from scratch in seconds, etc.
● Understand crucial elements and skills in building a dashboard
● Recognize ways of building inter-connected data models for pivot tables and Power Pivot
● Discover 5 extreme Pivot Table hacks
● Recognize differences between GETPIVOTDATA() and CUBEVALUE()
● Understand 7 best practices of building pivot tables in a dashboard